¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

The World of The Shamen

ÍndiceÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse

Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues

AutorMensaje
Invitado

Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Empty
MensajeTema: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMar Abr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Does anyone have these Re-issued CD's from 1999, and if so would it be at all possible to scan/type the liner notes from the booklet?
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeJue Jul 18, 2013 3:33 am

Ed escribió:
Does anyone have these Re-issued CD's from 1999, and if so would it be at all possible to scan/type the liner notes from the booklet?

If this is still relevant, i can scan the Phorward and Drop liner notes...unfortunately I have the original IGWT CD though!
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeVie Jul 19, 2013 2:38 am

Hello! I am not sure how long this forum will last now that Fier has been stopped from writing the blog, but if you could scan the notes then it would be very much appreciated. I have Phorward but if you wanted to do that for anyone elses (is there anyone out there?!) benefit then feel free. Like you, I only have the original of IGWT (and Drop).
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeVie Jul 19, 2013 2:56 am

Ed escribió:
Hello! I am not sure how long this forum will last now that Fier has been stopped from writing the blog, but if you could scan the notes then it would be very much appreciated. I have Phorward but if you wanted to do that for anyone elses (is there anyone out there?!) benefit then feel free. Like you, I only have the original of IGWT (and Drop).

I only just found the place!  Why's the blog been stopped? I really want to download some of the bootlegs but the links are all broken Crying or Very sad 

I'm actually embarking on my own Shamen website as all the others that used to exist are now long gone...I was trawling through the old Nemeton forums and am looking to get hold of that Peterrrrr guy as he seems to have shared some of the bootlegs in the past too.

My aim is to make it the definitive Shamen resource online..  I know I can't expect thousands of visitors but I think it's important to have such websites online for future discoverers of Shamen music.  I'm hoping to include a simple messageboard/forum for those who do have requests etc for material..  If you think you might be able to help me with any material to put on it, or if you're in touch with any fans that might, please do let me know!

My e-mail address if you want to get in touch is t h e m o s t t o g a i n @ g m a i l . c o m  - without the spaces obviously!

I'll get the liner notes scanned and ready for you over the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Alan
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeVie Jul 19, 2013 6:20 am

Thank you for doing the liner notes! It's a pity that you have only just joined as the site has been forced to close at the request of those who hold the rights to The Shamen's musical output. To quote the words of Fernando (blog author) from his last post;

"Announcing the closing of "The Uranian Sunlight".
We have the sad news to announce the next closure of The Uranian Sunlight blog. Responsible for the rights of the Group The Shamen has informed us by email that this blog has no right to disseminate the contents of the band and has kindly invited us to delete all blog audiovisual content (including text), having no well reviewed them, self-evident and that is due to a lack of time on my part to keep the site in appropriate conditions.

Furthermore, it is completely absurd to maintain a channel of information about a missing group 15 years ago, has no intention of profit and you want to up the group that his work is not released and publicized for the memory of the thousands of fans who at the end of the ' 80s and early ' 90s, we follow the adventures of CGA with enthusiasmWill or Mr.C.

News are not generated and we cannot offer oddities that don't even have commercial value, so it is a waste of time and space web presence of this blog in cyberspace."
--------------------------

Having read that I am sure you will understand that caution will be needed in relation to your proposal of setting up a Shamen website. It would seem that Moksha and possibly OLI are not complicent with fans creating websites based on the band and using anything related to their work.

The issue of bootlegs is always going to be one that causes problems although it seems absurd that, after 15 years of inactivity and just a meagre sharing of recordings, the powers that be should intervene. Even more strange is that lyrics, interviews and discography have had to be removed - surely all resources that simply exist to keep the memory of the band alive for a small number of fans.

The fact that Fernando has knowledge that Moksha are planning to release Shamen material in some form in the future makes it seem even more of a crime that they shut down one of the only updated sites on the band.

I don't want to discourage your idea of starting a new website but it is likely that you would not be able to make it anything like you want without having Moksha or OLI on your case. I cannot see a problem but for some reason they do and the closure of this blog is the result - even if Fernando didn't have much news or the time to add material, the content he had should have been able to remain as an information archive.
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeVie Jul 19, 2013 9:06 pm

I am completely gobsmacked by that. The translation doesn't make it too clear what they have a problem with so i'm wondering whether to e-mail the powers that be at Moksha/OLI and ask what guidelines they would allow me to work within.

I'm also wondering whether to blindly plunder ahead and just do it.

I can understand (although I don't necessarily agree with) them not wanting bootlegs shared...and I can understand them not wanting copyrighted material being used...although I don't see how they can possibly police the latter.

From that statement it sounds like they even have a problem with fans even discussing anything 'The Shamen'.. Again, I can kinda see why they would like to avoid anything negative being published about Moksha and OLI, but surely a website run by fans, for fans is only going to help raise the profile of the band and more than likely line the record companies pockets with more cash when people order their music.

As a fan, I have spent hundreds, indeed thousands of pounds of my money on buying Shamen music on all formats. It's something I feel passionate about and want to share with anybody who is interested...at the end of the day I want others to find the site and start buying Shamen music. If Moksha are planning on releasing new material, that's fantastic. Particularly if it's something based around unreleased tracks or even better a DVD with the old pre En-tact videos on it. I suspect it's more likely to be another collection of the tracks that make commercial sense and appeal to the wider market. I'm in two minds as to whether I want to see a release with stuff that's been available as B-sides, because much as I think they should be available, it's kinda annoying that I've spent so much time and money buying every release I find on every format to get hold of those tracks the hard way!

Ho-hum.. I need to put my thinking cap on!

fier

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeMiér Ago 14, 2013 5:00 am

Hi, I'm Fernando. Wink

Peterrr and me keep in contact for many years by our common love for the band, and he has complete information on official communication from Moksha very formal form requesting permission to The Uranian Sunlight had to offer audiovisual material of The Shamen, even files with the lyrics of his songs where by mistake (not knowing) I had not written letters owners.

I do not know how this works elsewhere in other countries of Europe, but in Spain once you are warned of the record company that you do not have permission to make public material from one of your customers, you can incur jail felony. Unfortunately, I'm not connected everyday and could not risk T.U.S. to meet demand at home, and more to maintain a non-profit blog and only allowed to download files without commercial value and for the sole purpose of keep alive the legend of the band in this decade after leaving music production for 15 years.

I admire someone has wanted to do something on the web with The Shamen, but I recommend that you first contact Moksha and reach agreement on the content to publish.

The Uranian Sunlight is dead, but I am glad that The Shamen still alive in the memory of the people and projects like ShamenSource - I prefer TheShamenSource Wink- be sure to ask permission first Mr. Cosh, I can offer by PM your email.

I read in wikipedia a discusion about whether "Shamen" or "The Shamen" the actual name of the band .... but his own label Moksha (Mr. Cosh) or Tairona (Mr Cosh & CGA) refer to the band as long as "The Shamen" today. In the last public interview Colin Angus in 2009 - which I had the honor of being the interviewer- CGA refers my questions to the band as "The Shamen". "Shamen" is the commercial name or abbreviation name of the band for their presentations, publications ... but definitely not your name.

The band is not coming back and very timely Colin looks down only very specific collaborations as last summer was with Indidginus putting your voice in Lost Coast (Vox). Colin Angus will not return to The Shamen or with another band's music scene.

The forum will remain open, while Moksha decides otherwise.

Regards,

Fier.
Invitado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitimeJue Ago 15, 2013 12:34 am

hi Fernando...thanks for getting in touch!

I did contact Moksha through the website and had a reply from Charles (Cosh I assume) in which he seemed to be supportive of what I intend to do...he asked several questions, which I answered but I have not had a reply since. I have already done alot of work on the site, but i'm scared to do too much in case I have problems with permissions etc. Everything i'm using i'm putting full credits for, so I hope that will be enough to appease them. I do need to chase up a response from CC so if you do have a direct e-mail for him it would be much appreciated.

I'm determined to make the best website I can, but obviously if i'm too restricted by record company rules, it might not be anything like what I'm aiming for.

I find your opinion on the website name quite interesting...I never really thought much about the Shamen/The Shamen naming...I must admit I use both variations without even noticing. I've already registered shamensource.co.uk as a domain name now, but there's nothing stopping me adding theshamensource.co.uk... ShamenSource slips off the tongue a bit easier, butI'll give that some thought.

I am acutely aware of gaps in my knowledge that people like yourself could easily fill...I have been a fan for 22 years, but I was only 12 when I discovered them, and at that age, you only really listen to the music because you like it - it's not until fairly recently that i've started trying to find out as much as I can about them, hence wanting to get as much info up on a website for others who are yet to discover the band. Even in your short message i've learned things that i've been unable to find out about online...I thought Colin had more or less disappeared off the face of the earth, but clearly you know otherwise!

I would love to feature your interview with Colin on my website if you would allow me to - I never saw it on your website as I never found it until recently.. Same goes with any other interesting interviews or features you may have had on your site.. If you have anything you would permit me to use I would be incredibly grateful...
Also if you could somehow get me in touch with the elusive Peterrrr (with his permission of course) I would love to find out if he has anything he'd like to offer in terms of knowledge or material that I could use on the site. If I can get assistance from fellow fans who have a far greater knowledge of the band than I do it can only be a good thing for the websites content.

For now, I will carry on building the site the way I want it to be, and wait for instructions otherwise from the powers that be..

Thanks again for getting in touch. If you want to e-mail me directly my address is themosttogain@gmail.com.

Regards,

Alan
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues   Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues Icon_minitime

Liner notes from Drop and IGWT 1999 Re-issues
Página 1 de 1.